Kent State University Summer Housing Information
Should you desire, the University Conference Bureau will be happy to coordinate a meeting between you and our housing representative to discuss your housing questions and concerns. To view sample rooms in each building visit Residence Services and click on the appropriate hall.
Resident Hall Assignment & Rate Information
If available, residence hall assignments will be included on your confirmation. While every effort is made to ensure your housing assignment does not change, construction and maintenance schedule changes may cause changes in housing assignments. Should it be necessary to re-assign your housing location, your conference coordinator will notify you immediately.
Quoted rates are based on air-conditioned housing facilities. Linen service includes sheets, pillow, and pillowcase placed on bed (beds are not made), along with enough towels and washcloths for your stay. Linen service is required in the Centennial Court Complex. Linen service may be added to the Tri Towers Complex and Twin Towers Complex rates for an additional $2.00 per person, per night. If you do not request the linen service for the Tri Towers Complex or Twin Towers Complex, be sure to advise your participants to bring these items with them to campus.
TRI TOWER COMPLEX: Koonce & Wright Halls
Quoted rates are based on one or two individuals per room.
Community style restroom facilities are located on each floor of the residence hall, not in individual rooms.
Double (No Linen) $23.00 per person, per night
Deluxe Single (No Linen) $27.00 per person, per night
Linen Service – additional $2.00 per person, per night
TWIN TOWERS COMPLEX: McDowell Hall & Beall Hall
Quoted rates are based on two to four individuals per suite.
Shared restrooms facilities are located within each suite (2-4 people to a restroom).
2 Person Suites – No Linen $28.00 per person, per night
(2 single bedrooms with 1 shared bathroom)
4 Person Suites – No Linen $26.00 per person, per night
(4 single bedrooms with 1 shared bathroom)
First Floor Singles—No Linen $27.00 per person, per night
Linen Service – additional $2.00 per person, per night
CENTENNIAL COURT COMPLEX
Quoted rates are based on one, two, four individuals per room and sharing a bath.
Each room also includes a refrigerator and microwave. Linen Service Required.
Buildings B, D, E & F
Single – Linen Pack $40.00 per person, per night
(1 single bedroom with private bathroom)
2 Person Suites – Linen Pack $31.00 per person, per night
(1 double bedroom with private bathroom)
Building A (Limited availability)
4 Person Suites – Linen Pack
(2 double bedrooms with shared bathroom) $29.00 per person, per night
Single with Shared Bath—Linen Pack
(1 single bedroom with shared bathroom) $34.00 per person, per night
(1 single bedroom with private bathroom) $36.00 per person, per night
Group Supervision Ratio Requirement
To ensure group safety, Kent State University requires a minimum ratio of 1 adult chaperone per 20 youths (ages 11-18) to be housed and to accompany group participants at all times while they enjoy their stay at Kent State. Chaperone ratios for younger individuals can be discussed with your conference coordinator. Please be advised that groups arriving without proper chaperone ratios will not be permitted to check into housing.
Bed Space Holds and Cancellation Charges (Returning Groups)
The total number of beds to be held for this program is the equivalent of the previous year’s final housing count for the same camp plus 10%. Additional beds may be requested and will be put on hold pending availability; however, these additional beds will all be subject to a cancellation charge of $25.00 per bed if not used. This is not the same as a no-show fee.
Housing List Deadline and Late Changes
The housing list (providing the name of every group member) and final group count will be due 7 days prior to the start of the program. If the housing list and final count are not received 7 days in advance, then you will be charged a late penalty of $150.00 plus a processing fee of $10.00 per person when the list is submitted.
Any changes made to the housing list or final count once housing list has been submitted will be processed through our Residence Services department at a rate of $10.00 per change/addition/cancellation. These change fees will be levied in addition to any late processing or per person charges.
Groups are encouraged to complete their own room assignment sheets. We can provide floor diagrams, blank assignment sheets and instructions to assist you in assigning of rooms. If you desire, Residence Services will prepare your room assignments for you; however, should any changes be requested once assignments have been prepared (i.e. changing rooms, roommates), your program will be charged $10.00 per person, per change.
No Show Fee
All individuals listed on the final housing sheet that are “No Shows” will be charged for one night’s lodging at the quoted rate.
OTHER GENERAL INFORMATION:
• Summer Housing Dates: Regular summer housing ends Sunday, August 7, 2011.
If approved, any group checking in on or after August 7, 2011 will be charged an extra $5 per person, per night.
• Replacement of Lost/Broken Door Swipe Cards: Lost/broken door swipe cards will result in a $25.00 replacement fee for each lost/broken card.
• Replacement of Lost Keys: Lost key cards will result in a $40.00 replacement fee for each lost key card.
• Building Maintenance: Emergency maintenance in response to vandalism or building damages caused by the group will result in a charge of $50.00 per hour (or part thereof).
There is no charge for standard maintenance calls (7:00am-4:00pm Mon-Fri), however overtime rates may be applied at all other times.
• Cleaning Costs: Any additional cleaning in response to a room or lounge space left dirty will result in a charge of $50.00 per unit.
• Fire Alarms: Tampering with fire equipment or false fire alarms is against the law and may result in charges of up to $500.00 and possible incarceration.
• Internet/E-mail Access: Internet service for long-term groups (programs lasting more than one week) is available at a cost of $10.00 for the first week, or part thereof and $5.00 for each additional week. A limited number of public computers with email access are available in the Cyber Cafe of the Kent Student Center.
• Lounge Space: Many of the residence halls have public lounges. Since these are public lounges, charges will be incurred anytime location is utilized for a formalized meeting by your group, thereby eliminating public access. Group desiring to use these lounges for private meetings must reserve the space with their coordinator.
• Refrigerators: Dorm Size: $19.00 per week Large Size: $180.00 per summer (June to August)
• Smoking: Please advise your participants: All Kent State University residence halls are non-smoking.
• Storage rooms: An empty double room may be scheduled for storage. Cost is $25 per room, per night