Using Student Projects for Research
- Many instructors are interested in the pedagogical implications of using multimodality projects, etc, to teach writing.
- If your classes work on multimodal projects, or if you are interested in any students’ multimodal work, you may be interested in this type of research as well.
- If you intend to use students’ texts as a part of your research, you will need their permission to do so.
- You will need IRB approval for your project, and
- You can utilize this permission form to help streamline the process. This permission form was developed by the English Department specifically for approval and consent to use students’ multimodal projects for faculty research