- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Research and Grants
- Description of Writing Courses
- Placement in Writing Courses
- Online Writing Placement Challenge
- Creative Writing
- Business & Technical Writing
- Advanced Writing
- Writing Minor
- Digital Media
- Instructor Resources
- Writing Assessment Symposium
- Writing Internship Program (WIP)
- Wick Poetry Center
- ESL Center
- Kent Links
- Kent State University Resources
Introduction to Creative Writing
Theme and focus vary by section, so students should consult individual section descriptions, which are available outside the Department of English office, 113 Satterfield Hall.
This course may be used in partial fulfillment of the Writing Minor and is the prerequisite for upper division Poetry Writing and Fiction Writing courses.
Prerequisites: Completion of or concurrent enrollment in Eng11011 or equivalent.