Scholarly, Creative & Professional Activities
- Haiku and Modernist Poetics. Palgrave Macmillan, 2009. Recipient of the Haiku Society of America’s Mildred Kanteman Memorial Book Award, 2010.
- Cross-Cultural Visions in African American Modernism. Ohio State UP, 2006.
- Richard Wright and Racial Discourse. U of Missouri P, 1996.
- Young Dreiser: A Critical Study. Fairleigh Dickinson UP / Associated UPs, 1980.
- Theodor Dreiser’s Uncollected Magazine Articles, 1897-1902. U of Delaware P / Associated UPs, 2003.
- Art, Music, and Literature, 1897-1902, by Theodore Dreiser. U of Illinois P, 2001 / reprint/paperback, 2007.
- Haiku: This Other World by Richard Wright, ed. with Robert L. Tener. Arcade, 1998 / reprint/paperback, Random House, 2000. Haiku: Kono Bessekai, trans. Japanese, Toru Kiuchi and Michiko Watanabe. Tokyo: Sairyusha, 2007. The Academy of American Poets’ nomination as the top selection for the 1999 National Poetry Month.
- Selected English Writings of Yone Noguchi: An East-West Literary Assimilation. Vol. 1: Poetry, vol. 2: Prose. Fairleigh Dickinson UP / Associated UPs, 1990, 1992.
- Selected Magazine Articles of Theodore Dreiser: Life and Art in the American 1890s. 2 vols. Fairleigh Dickinson UP / Associated UPs, 1985, 1987. Recipient of a Choice Magazine Outstanding Academic Book of the Year Award, 1988.
- American literature
- African American literature
- Cross-cultural studies
OFFICEDepartment of English
202d Satterfield Hall
CONTACT INFOPhone: 330-672-1724
COURSES TEACHINGSpring 2015
- ENG 31001 - 001 Fundamental English Grammar
- ENG 39295 - 001 St : Haiku
- ENG 89199 - 001 Dissertation I