Skip Navigation
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).


Kent State Logo

The Conduct process is not a legal process, with the standard of responsibility relying on a preponderance of the information.  The Office of Student Conduct and Student Conduct hearing officers are expected to:

  • Address consequences for behaviors that violate campus and community rules and laws
  • Offer outcomes to assist students in learning about their impact on themselves and others within their respective communities
  • Protect the integrity of the students, the faculty & staff, and the institution

**The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)/RELEASE OF INFORMATION:  To allow a designee to inquire about your student conduct history information, you (the student), will need to register on FlashLine.   Do not grant access to yourself. FERPA already allows you access to your own student education record.

Follow these instructions:

1. Log into FlashLine

2. Click on the Student Tools & Courses Tab

3. Scroll down to the "Make a Request" Box

4. Click on "FERPA Release Form Authorization"

5. Fill in all required fields (allowed up to three designees)

6. Click Submit


The Kent State University Public Safety Department remains the appropriate place to file a criminal or campus violation complaints:

Kent State University Police

Other complaints involving University policies, procedures, or academic disputes maybe be directed to:

Student Ombuds

Human Resources

Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action

Links to related documents that may be helpful:

Code of Student Conduct

Office of Student Conduct Appeal Form

Residence Services Hallways Handbook

Links to related websites that may be helpful:  

Psychological Services, University Health Services

Office of Sexual & Relationship Violence Support Services (formerly SART)

Kent State University Policy Register

Family Education Right to Privacy Act (FERPA) 

FLASHcard Office

Student Legal Services