Careers in Student Affairs
Careers in Student Affairs
Do you enjoy being in a campus environment?
Do you want to make a difference in student's lives?
Are you looking for an exciting and dynamic career?
Are you interested in a career in Student Affairs?
Are you confused on how to get started?
Are you curious what Student Affairs is all about?
Join us this October for a month long
celebration of Careers in Student Affairs.
Click on the image above to view the video....
SAVE THE DATE:
OCPA Careers in Student Affairs Conference
Saturday, October 11, 2014
Kent State University
Kent Student Center
8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
This year the OCPA Careers in Student Affairs Conference will be hosted at Kent State University. The conference will include presentations and panels by faculty, professional student affairs practitioners, undergraduate and graduate students, a networking lounge, and is multidisciplinary, centering on concepts and issues in Student Affairs.
The Careers in Student Affairs Conference offers opportunities to:
- The tentative schedule is as follows:
- Participate in a Graduate School Expo where you will learn about program options and requirements.
- Network with Student Affairs practitioners and professionals
- Learn more about student affairs
- Get motivated to seek a career in Student Affairs
- Meet peers and begin to build relationships with them
- Discover career tracks in Student Affairs
The conference requires registration. Registration begins Monday, September 1, 2014 through Friday, September 30, 2014. The $30 registration fee (includes lunch) will be covered for Kent State University students only, once the following requirements are met:
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, Kent State banner ID, a contact phone and your level of study.
- Kent State University student status is verified.
- You are contacted by a member of the conference committee and receive an email stating your registration has been received and confirmed..
The 2014 Careers in Student Affairs Conference Program Proposal site is now live. We hope that you will consider submitting a proposal for the upcoming conference. Visit the OCPA Careers in Student Affairs Conference website to fill out the form today. The deadline to submit a proposal is Monday, September 8, 2014 at 5 p.m. Kent State students who submit a proposal and are chosen to present at the conference will be granted a one-year membership to one of the three student affairs organizations (ACPA, NASPA, or OCPA) If you have questions or concerns about program proposals, please contact the Educational Program Chair, Matt Musgrave.
Graduate School Fair
Each year at the OCPA Careers in Student Affairs Conference an informational grad school fair is held to showcase the Higher Education preparation programs in Ohio. If you are interested in hosting a table to recruit potential students, please visit the OCPA Careers in Student Affairs Conference website and fill out a Graduate School Fair registration form.