Skip Navigation
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).

>> Search issues prior to Fall 2010

HR Question of the Week

HR Question of the week

Where do staff employees report leave?

Classified employees should use Kronos to report leave time. The Kronos channel is located in the My HR tab in FlashLine. Leave reporting for unclassified staff and faculty also should be done through FlashLine. Once you sign into FlashLine, follow these steps:

  • Select the My HR tab.
  • In the Time Reporting in Banner channel, select the link to the appropriate pay period in which you wish to report leave. If you do not see the appropriate pay period, click the More link in the bottom left corner of the channel.
  • Once you are in the report, click on the Enter Hours link for the reason (sick, vacation, personal) and the date you wish to report. In the box that pops up, enter the number of hours used and click Save.
  • Once all leave is entered, click Save and then Submit for Approval. The system will ask you to enter your FlashLine password.
  • The hours will be deducted as soon as the approver clicks the Approve button.

There are video tutorials to assist unclassified employees in entering their leave. The videos are available in the Banner Time Reporting Tips: Video Tutorials section of the Time Reporting channel under the My HR tab.

Employees can check their leave balance by logging into FlashLine, clicking on the My HR tab and then clicking on the Leave Balances link in the Employment Details channel.

For more information about leave reporting, call the Records Office at 330-672-8316 or send an email to

View all HR questions of the week