Skip Navigation
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).

>> Search issues prior to Fall 2010

HR Question of the Week

HR Question of the week

How does an employee notify the university that he/she is voluntarily leaving their position?

Employees who resign or retire should write a letter of resignation/retirement and give it to their department head. After the letter is received, the department head or their designate will use the Notice of Voluntary Separation workflow in FlashLine to report the separation. The workflow can be found in the Workflow and Utilities channel under the My Action Items tab in FlashLine.

Anyone who leaves the university as the result of a temporary assignment ending should notify their department head, and the department head or their designate should notify Human Resources by completing the same workflow.

For more information, contact Human Resources Records at 330-672-2901.

View an archive of past HR Questions.If you have a suggestion for a future HR Question, please send it to

View all HR questions of the week