Skip Navigation
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).

>> Search issues prior to Fall 2010

Featured Article

Ecologist and Author Sandra Steingraber to Discuss How Cancer is Linked to the Environment at Kent State Stark

Ecologist, cancer survivor, author and speaker Sandra Steingraber, Ph.D., will speak about how cancer is directly related to environmental toxins, on Wednesday, March 14, at Kent State University at Stark. The lecture is sponsored by the Herbert W. Hoover Foundation Initiative in Environmental Media.

read more

Change in Leave Reporting for Unclassified Staff and 12-Month Faculty

Posted March 5, 2012

Effective April 1, there will be a change in the time period allowed to report leave for unclassified staff and 12-month faculty. Currently this group of employees has up to three months after taking vacation, sick or personal leave to report it in the MyHR tab of FlashLine. With the change, the time frame will be reduced to one month.

As an example, an employee who takes vacation during the pay period ending April 15 will have through the end of the next two pay periods to record the leave (through the May 15 pay period). The change is necessary in order to improve the accuracy of time reporting records.

Between now and April 1, unclassified staff and 12-month faculty should make sure you have accurately reported the number of vacation, sick or personal hours taken and submitted it for approval. You can check your leave reports in the Time Reporting in Banner channel in the MyHR tab of FlashLine. Once there, click on the More link to view past pay periods.

Please remember that prior to submitting any vacation leave in Banner, you are responsible for scheduling vacation time in advance with your supervisor. Supervisors are responsible for making sure that employees submit all vacation and leave time that is taken.

If you have any questions, please contact a member of the HR Records Staff at 330-672-2901 or