Kent State Plants Arbor Day Tree
Kent State University faculty, staff and students gathered between residence halls Centennial A and B on April 24 for the annual Tree Planting Ceremony to commemorate Arbor Day and to celebrate the winners of this year’s RecycleMania competition.read more
Kent State Introduces eTranscriptPosted May 5, 2014
Kent State University’s Office of the University Registrar, in partnership with Parchment Inc., a leader in transcript exchange services, is now offering electronic delivery of student transcripts. The eTranscript service provides an official, certified, electronic Kent State transcript through a fast, secure and environmentally friendly delivery method.
“We continually strive to provide efficient and convenient solutions to our stakeholders,” says Gail Rebeta, the university registrar. “There are several benefits to offering a service like eTranscripts at Kent State. The primary advantage is that current and former students and alumni can easily initiate a request to send their transcripts and other documentation to a potential employer, graduate school admissions office or other recipients with an email address anywhere in the world the same day the order is placed.
“There is no standing in line to make a request or worries about slow delivery and lost mail,” Rebeta adds. “For a nominal convenience fee, last-minute requests can be accommodated without the exorbitant costs associated with express mail service. The university also benefits in that this highly secure delivery method reduces transcript printing costs, saves on staff resources, decreases transcript fraud and is FERPA compliant.”
The eTranscript features:
- Electronic transcript that bears the Kent State logo, seal and legend. The document also bears the signature and title of the university registrar
- Adobe Blue Ribbon Certification to ensure that the document is authentic and that the contents have not been altered
- An additional watermark if the document is printed
- Requires passcode authentication to retrieve the transcript
- Allows recipient to download the transcript up to five times within 30 days
- Allows requestor to attach supplemental electronic documents, such as résumé, applications, etc., which will be forwarded to the recipient with the transcript once the order has been fulfilled
Current and recently enrolled students will access the service via FlashLine. On the Student Tools & Courses tab, students will click on Request Official Transcript in either the GPS, Roadmaps & Advising channel or the Make a Request channel. There will be a link to the new Official Transcript Menu. The storefront will launch and allow students to enter their transcript request information.
Please note the following:
- All financial obligations to Kent State must be satisfied before a transcript is released.
- The eTranscripts receive priority processing during normal business hours. Students should allow extra processing time at the beginning and end of each semester.
- The eTranscripts will reflect official grade and degree information at the time the request is processed. Special requests to hold for current term grades or degrees will not be available. Specific dates for availability of current semester grades and degrees may be found on the Processing Dates for Grades and Transcripts page.
- A $3 convenience fee per transcript will be charged to the student’s credit card for this service after the order is fulfilled.
- Former students who cannot access FlashLine will need to create an account in the storefront. The link is available on the Office of the University Registrar’s website at www.kent.edu/registrar/student/transcript.cfm.
- Additional options for transcript delivery include US Postal Service, In-Person pickup and FedEx.