Former U.S. Rep. Louis Stokes Named Kent State’s New President’s Ambassador
Kent State University President Lester A. Lefton has named former U.S. Rep. Louis Stokes as the 2013-2014 Kent State President’s Ambassador.read more
It’s Time to Make Your 2014 Benefit Elections!Posted Oct. 14, 2013
The annual Open Enrollment period began Sunday, Oct. 13, (midnight, Eastern Standard Time) and will end at 5 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 25. All Open Enrollment changes must be made through FlashLine and can be accessed by taking the following steps:
- Log in to FlashLine using your existing user name and password.
- Click on the My HR tab.
- On the left side of the screen, look for the Employment Details box and click on the Open Enrollment - through Oct. 25 link.
The Open Enrollment Period allows you the opportunity to enroll in or change:
- Your medical plan;
- Your dental plan;
- Enroll or make changes to your supplemental life insurance or other voluntary benefits;
- Add eligible dependents to your plan(s) or drop dependents from your plan(s); and
- Enroll or re-enroll in the flexible spending accounts (dependent care flexible spending account and healthcare flexible spending account)
If you are not changing plans, enrolling in new plans, or adding/dropping dependents, you do not need to do anything. Your benefits will continue as they currently are through the 2014 plan year, however, the following exceptions apply:
- You must re-enroll in your flexible spending account(s) each year if you would like to continue to participate.
- If you participate in the opt-out option, you will need to complete the 2014 Opt-Out Affidavit in order to receive the opt-out incentive.
Although there are no major plan changes to the medical, prescription, vision or dental plans for 2014, it is still important to carefully review all of the benefit plan options and costs before finalizing any enrollment decisions. You may enroll or subsequently change your enrollment at any time during the open enrollment period, Oct. 13-25.
Open Enrollment and Wellness Fairs have taken place on all Kent State regional campuses. On Tuesday, Oct. 15, the final Open Enrollment and Wellness Fair will take place on the Kent Campus from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. in the Kent Student Center Ballroom.
During the fair, employees will have a chance to meet with representatives from the university’s various benefits providers for 2014. This includes not only the university’s health insurance providers, but also representatives from companies that offer financial, retirement and voluntary insurance options for faculty and staff. In addition, the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS) will be offering breakout sessions. For information regarding these breakout sessions and times, you may visit the Open Enrollment and Wellness Fair website here. There is no registration required for the OPERS sessions and each session is scheduled to last one hour.
For all your open enrollment news, please check the Open Enrollment website at www.kent.edu/hr/benefits/open-enrollment.cfm. There you will find a link to your 2014 Open Enrollment Booklet, additional information regarding the Open Enrollment and Wellness Fair, and a complete Navigation Guide for completing your open enrollment changes online.
If you need help with your login ID or password, visit http://support.kent.edu or call the Helpdesk at 330-672-HELP (4357). For HR assistance, contact the Kent State Benefits office at 330-672-MyHR (6947) or email Benefits@kent.edu.