Benefits of Membership
Your membership is an investment in your career!
- Receive four issues of the KDP Record each year when you renew your membership after the first year;
- Receive four issues of the New Teacher Advocate FREE as a first-year member;
- Grow as an educator through regional and national conferences;
- Access teacher resources through KDP Online;
- Benefit from job-hunting tips and tools;
- Network with other educators in your career phase;
- Save with discounted services and publications;
- Find the information you need on hot issues in education;
- Tap into more than $100,000 in scholarships and teacher classroom grants; and
- Connect with National Teachers of the Year through the Teacher Hotline.
Membership Criteria and Timeline
Recruitment for the 2014-2015 Academic Year gets underway Monday February 17 until Friday March 21. You can pick up an informational brochure about KDP in White Hall 304 and directions on how to apply on line for membership beginning on Feb 18.
Here are the criteria you must meet: for admission in 2014-15
1. A minimum of fifty semester hours(including your Spring 14 hours and transfer hours) on your KSU transcript.
2. Pursuing a degree in KSU College of Education Health and Human Services with a major or minor in professional education.
3. A cumulative GPA of 3.0 ( Graduate education requires a 3.50)
4. At least one semester of classes remaining (student teaching semester does not count) You must be graduating Spring 15 or later.
5. A recommendation from two faculty members.
6. Must attend the initiation ceremony to be scheduled in April of 2014.
7. An interest in the education field and willingness to work with the local and international society to further membership, scholarship and research in the profession.
8. Initiation fee of $60.00 payable at time of submission of application. Checks only made out to Kappa Delta Pi: Beta Chapter.
Delta Beta Chapter Counselor
330 672 0541