Skip Navigation
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).


ASISC Certificate

We now offer a Certificate Program in Autism Spectrum Disorders, the Autism Spectrum Intervention Specialists Certificate (ASISC). Applicants must have a minimum of an undergraduate degree in special education, speech-pathology/audiology, psychology, or another health and human services related field, and work closely with individuals with ASD and their families.

Doctor of Audiology (AuD)

The School of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology at The University of Akron, the Program of Speech Pathology and Audiology at Kent State University, and the Cleveland Clinic Foundation have united to provide a professional doctoral program, the Northeast Ohio Au.D. Consortium. The two universities jointly administer NOAC.

Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)

Speech Pathology and Audiology at Kent State University offers a highly flexible program of study leading to the Ph.D. degree in either speech-language pathology or in audiology. This flexibility allows students to create a program that meets their needs with emphases ranging from primarily clinical and applied to basic research.

M.A. in Speech-Language Pathology

The primary goal for our master's program is the training of competent speech-language pathologists who will critically evaluate communication disorders and the methods used in the habilitation and rehabilitation of those disorders.

Undergraduate Program

Speech Pathology and Audiology offers a pre-professional Bachelor of Science degree. Initially, entering students are enrolled under a pre-major status. Just prior to the completion of 64 credit hours, they apply for admission to the major (Intent to Major form). Students should have a GPA of at least 2.75 in order to become a major.

Undergraduate Degrees not in SPA

Students wishing to enter the masters' degree program in speech-language pathology who hold a baccalaureate degree in some other profession must first take a series of undergraduate courses in speech pathology and audiology.