Skip Navigation
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).


Q: How do I schedule an advising appointment?

A: Click on the "Schedule an Advising Appointment" link on the right side of  home page or click here to get to the online scheduling system.

Q: How often should I see an advisor?

A: A full hour initial appointment is required.  Thereafter, a 30 minute appointment once per semester is required for Freshmen and Sophomores and once per year for Juniors and Seniors.

Q: Who is my professional and faculty advisor?

A: Look up your advisor by logging into your FlashLine account then click on Student Tools - your advisor is assigned based on your program area (major).

Q: When are walk-in appointments?

A: Walk-ins (15min. appointments) are on Wednesdays from 9am-12pm, and 1:30pm-4pm. Students sign up the day of walk-ins.

Q: I have questions about/hard time reading my GPS Audit or KAPS report.

A: You can discuss this with an advisor during your next advising appointment.

Q: Can I have a copy of my advising/requirement sheet/Roadmap?

A: A copy from your student file can be given to you. If there is no file or the you want a different major, you will be asked for your catalog year.

Q: When should I apply for graduation?

A: May graduation - online application is due September 15

August graduation - online application is due December 15

December graduation - online application is due March 15

Q: have a degree but am interested in coming back to school to teach.

A: For those who already have a Bachelor's degree, there are two ways to earn licensure at Kent State University.  Click on the following link for more information and to get started with the first step, which is doing a Licensure Content Evaluation.

Q: I am trying to register for a class but the computer says prerequisite required/major restriction/etc.

A: Go to the department that is in charge of the class (e.g. math classes (Math dept.), health ed. Class (ACHVE dept.), ED. Tech/Ed. Psych/Dem. Soc. (EFSS-405).

Q: Who do I talk to about my application for graduate school?

A: Room 418 White Hall, Graduate Services Office or their website can assist you.

Q: How do I renew my Ohio teaching license?

A: Renewal is done through the Ohio Department of Education (ODE). Refer to and 1-877-644-6338 for info. The Vacca Office of Student Services does not handle renewal applications.