Early Childhood Generalist Endorsement
If you hold and Ohio Early Childhood P-3 Teaching License you may earn an endorsement to teach grades 4-5.
The Endorsement is comprised of the following courses:
- C&I 67095 Special Topics: Integrated Content I, Social Studies and Science (3 hours)
- C&I 67095 Special Topics: Integrated Content II, Social Studies and Science (3 hours)
- C&I 67095 Special Topics: Teaching Mathematics in the Intermediate Years (3hours)
- C&I 57504 Reading and Writing in Middle Childhood (3 hours)
- C&I 50093 Halfway Up the Stairs: Early Middle Level Education and Effective Teaching and Learning in Grades 4-5
On-line workshop (1 hour)
- C&I 50093 Understanding “Tweens”: No Longer Children, Not Yet Teens On-line workshop (1 hour)
- Ohio Early Childhood P-3 Teaching License
To enroll in the program you must be accepted by the department, then complete admission paperwork.
These courses/workshops may be used toward the completion of a master’s degree in:
- Early Childhood Education
- Curriculum and Instruction/Curriculum and Teaching
- Curriculum and Instruction/Middle Childhood
- Special Education General
(In most cases all 14 credit hours would count.)
If you anticipate completing a master’s degree (there is a six year time-frame in which to do so) we suggest that you complete a degree application.
If you already hold a master’s degree, a non-degree application will suffice.
There are other requirements for both applications. Please visit the Office of Graduate Student Services website at www.kent.edu/ehhs/services/ogs for further details or contact Nancy Miller at the office at 330-672-2576.