City Year: Give a Year
City Year is proud to partner with The College of Education, Health and Human Services (EHHS) at Kent State University to offer 25% tuition scholarships towards 22 undergraduate programs or 24 graduate areas of study.
City Year is an education-focused nonprofit organization that unites young people of all backgrounds for a year of full-time service to keep students in school and on track to graduation. At City Year's 25 urban locations across the United States and two international affiliates, teams of highly-trained corps members serve full-time in schools as tutors, mentors and role models. By focusing on attendance, behavior, and course performance, which identify students who are at risk of dropping out, corps members are uniquely able to help students and schools succeed. To find out more about City Year, visit their website.
Benefits Offered by The College of Education, Health, and Human Services at Kent State University
||25% off tuition
|Number of Scholarships Awarded Annually
||up to 2*
|Application Fee Waiver
||Application fee will be added to individual Bursar's account upon enrollment
Eligibility & Additional Information
- Each initial award will be in the amount equal to 25% of tuition.
- Each initial award may be renewable for one additional one-year period if the recipient maintains a 2.5 GPA at the end of each academic year.
- Both in-state and out-of-state students accepted to an undergraduate or graduate program within the College of Education, Health and Human Services will be eligible for scholarship consideration. An out-of-state student selected as a give a year scholar will be eligible to receive a scholarship equal to 25% off out-of-state tuition.
- Scholarships will be awarded to City Year corps members or alumni who have successfully completed at least one year of service with City Year.
- The scholarships described above represent the minimum awards; applicants will be considered for additional merit-based aid based on the strength of the application.
Applications are made available each year until May 30th for eligible students. Contact the Office of Diversity Outreach & Development at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application. For more information, call 330-672-2537.
To Identify and Verify your City Year Affiliation
- A verification letter must be submitted to be considered for the scholarship. Please send an email to Amanda Smidt, City Year's National Manager of Alumni & Career Services, at email@example.com with "EHHS" at Kent State: City Year verification letter request* in the subject line and include the site where you served and dates of service in the email. This letter will be sent to the College of Education, Health and Human Services and added to applicant file.
To Contact the Admissions Office
- Undergraduate: Please call 330-672-2444, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Graduate: Please call 330-672-2661, or email email@example.com.
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. Corps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.