Contact Tammy Christopher, if you have questions about submitting HM scholarship applications
All applications have to be submitted to Tammy Christopher in 300 White Hall.
College Town Kent Scholarship for Hospitality Management
This scholarship is funded by College Town Kent, LLC and is designated to be used toward tuition for a Hospitality Management student.
- Must be enrolled as an undergraduate, Hospitality Management major or a graduate, Hospitality & Tourism Management major
Hospitality Management Scholarship
This scholarship funds travel expenses related to students' professional development and education activities. Two scholarships will be awarded annually. Examples of professional development and education activities include: The National Restaurant Association Show in Chicago, The International Hotel, Motel, and Restaurant Show in New York, The Las Vegas Night Club and Bar Show, and study abroad related to hospitality management. Students selected must be committed to completing the activity funded by this scholarship. Expenses for the trip may exceed the amount of travel.
The criteria are as follows:
- Letter of application stating qualifications for scholarship and benefits of completing the chosen professional development/education activity
- Students must be a declared major in Hospitality Management
- Junior standing in the program after Spring term
- Minimum grade point average of 2.70
- Work experience in Hospitality Industry
- Leadership activities
Greater Cleveland Chapter of Club Managers Association of America (CMAA) – Future Club Manager Scholarship
This award was established to financially support members of the Kent State University CMAA Student Chapter (hyperlink to CMAA organization page) who are pursuing a bachelor degree. One scholarship will be awarded to a qualified applicant each year depending on available funds.
- Member of Kent State CMAA Student Chapter for a minimum of one year with regular participation and leadership in Student Chapter meetings and other activities.
- Minimum GPA of 2.50
- Full-time student at KSU pursuing a bachelor's degree in a field of study appropriate to support a career in club management
- Minimum of one semester remaining before graduation
- Letter of application stating qualifications for scholarship and future career goals
- Resume, including work experience and CMAA Student Chapter involvement
- Official University transcript
- Faculty reference
- Club manager reference
Linerode-Irmiter Hospitality Management Scholarship
Mrs. Doris Linerode Irmiter and Dr. Theodore Irmiter established this award to support the HFSM program. Dr. Irmiter was a former Director of the School of Family and Consumer Studies. Two scholarships are awarded each year.
- Admission in a professional HM program
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Leadership in Food Service
- Work experience in hospitality food service
- Commitment to principles and practices of HM
Frances Schwebel Solomon Food Service Management Scholarship
This award was established in 1996 by Mrs. Frances Schwebel Solomon to support students in the hospitality food service management program. The scholarship is intended to encourage students who have demonstrated the capacity to achieve educational and professional goals, the motivation to achieve these goals and the initiative to seek opportunities to further their progress. One or two awards may be given annually.
- Students studying HM, freshmen preferred
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Recommendations from faculty, work experience in food service, extracurricular activities
Industry Sources for Student Scholarships