The KSU chapter of PCMA is always looking for new student members. The organization is open to any undergraduate or graduate student who is interested in the meeting and event planning industry. Students with less than six months before graduation are not eligible.
Why become a PCMA student member?
- Student Scholarships totaling over $30,000 specifically for PCMA student members
- PCMA's Career Center gives student members access to the meeting and event industry's top employers and job opportunities.
- Exposure to events and meeting industry guest speakers.
- Tours of hotels, clubs, conference and convention centers to observe behind-the-scenes setup and event preparation.
- Students in the KSU Chapter of PCMA belong to the POWER Chapter. Student members can participate in regional education, networking, leadership development, and community service opportunities.
- Substantial registration discounts and hotel room discounts are available to student members to attend PCMA's Annual Meeting, the industry's most sought after event, with over 80 educational sessions covering hot topics, innovative executive level programs, and insightful discussions of best practices through shared interest groups. Venues for future annual meetings include New Orleans, Las Vegas, and San Diego.
- Subscription to Convene Magazine, the leading resource to which meeting professionals turn for in-depth information on trends in meeting management.
How to become a PCMA student member?
The online application is available at http://pcma.org/docs/pcma-defined-docs/membership_application.pdf?sfvrsn=0. You will need a credit card if you choose to become a member using the online application. If you would like a copy of the paper application, please contact one of the officers of the KSU chapter of PCMA. You can provide a personal check if you choose to fill out a paper application.
How much does it cost to become a PCMA student member?
Membership dues are $50 per academic year, with $40 going to national PCMA and $10 going to the local chapter. The $10 collected supports local chapter activities such as guest speaker visits and property tours. Membership runs annually from October 1 to September 30. If you are planning on becoming a member during the Spring semester, please contact the faculty advisor, Dr. Swathi Ravichandran at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to completing any membership forms.
If you are a PCMA member getting ready to graduate, PCMA offers you the opportunity to continue your membership three years after graduation for only $100 a year.