Online Learning and Teaching Certificate
Program: Online Learning and Teaching
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivered by: World Wide Web
Percent of program offered at a distance: 100%
Lifespan Development and Educational Services
405 White Hall
P.O. Box 5190
Kent, OH 44242-0001
More about Online Learning and Teaching
Program Description:The purpose of the certificate program in Online Learning and Teaching is to provide current and potential online educators with a strong foundation in how to design and teach online courses. Specific goals are
- Students will explain the place of online learning in the context of distance education in general.
- Students will choose and use a variety of Internet resources and software and integrate them effectively into education.
- Students will design effective online courses.
- Students will teach online courses effectively using such technologies as learning management systems, many computer mediated communications options, and other technologies.
- Students will describe existing research on online learning and teaching and use it in designing and teaching online courses.
- A completed application form
- A well-written and coherent statement of the student's goals in the program
- An undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0
Total of 15 hours.
NOTE: Courses with are currently online.
|ITEC 67436||Distance Education
|ITEC 67438||Instructional Applications of the Internet
|ITEC 57442||Designing Online Courses
|ITEC 67444||Teaching Online Courses||3 hrs.|
|ITEC 67449||Research in Online Learning and Teaching