Semester Abroad - Italy
Teacher Education Semester in Florence, Italy
The demand for educators with an international experience is on the increase. Kent State University is the first university in the United States to offer an International Baccalaureate Early Childhood Teaching program.
Learning outcomes of international experiential learning
- Demonstrates knowledge of other cultures (beliefs, values, perspectives, practices, and products).
- Understands his/her culture in global and comparative context (recognizes that his/her culture is one of many diverse cultures & that alternative perceptions & behaviors may be based in cultural differences)
- Adapts his/her behavior to interact effectively with those who are different.
- Uses knowledge, diverse culture frames of reference, and alternative perspectives to think critically and solve problems
- Interprets issues & situations from more than one culture.
- Is willing to learn from others who are culturally different from him
The Teacher Education Semester in Florence Program is designed to provide all education majors with an international experience while ensuring that they continue to make progress toward earning their degree.
Suggested courses include:
- EPSY 29525 Educational Psychology
- PSYC 11762 General Psychology
- SPED 23000 Introduction to Exceptionalities - Web course
- CLAS 21405 Roman Achievements
- Italian Culture and Language plus field trips to Italian and International Schools
School visits and cultural field experiences are integrated into the semester's study.
The Kent Campus in Florence, Italy is a mecca of student learning and cultural immersion.
Palazzo de Cerchi - A medieval palace right in the heart of the city. Built in the13th century and completely restored in 2003, the Palazzo dei Cerchi is an amazing place to study, with 700-year-old frescos on the walls and wireless Internet throughout
Palazzo Bartolini-Baldelli - The building was a medieval palace located within a short walking distance from Palazzo dei Cerchi. This location was recently renovated and formally opened with a reception in November 2012.
EASY steps to find out more information about the Teacher Education.
Semester Abroad Program in Florence, Italy!
- View 2014 flyer
- Research website- http://www.kent.edu/educationabroad/florence/index.cfm
- Meet with Amber Bollinger, Study Abroad Advisor at the Office of Global Education at email@example.com
- Research Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Make an appointment with Tara Jackson (Study Abroad Coordinator,firstname.lastname@example.org, to discuss your financial aid and scholarship options
- Schedule an academic advising appointment with your program advisor at EHHS to confirm what classes to take in Florence, Italy.
- To schedule an appointment, go to www.kent.edu/ehhs/services/voss
* Deadline for the application for the Summer Semester 2014 is April 1, 2014
* Deadline for the application for the Fall Semester 2014 is April 15, 2014