The Instructional Resources Center (IRC) will be offering workshops throughout the year on a variety of technologies. All faculty, staff and graduate students are welcome to attend. We hope you will take advantage of some or all that might be helpful in your teaching, research or work. Please let us know if you have a topic you would like included in the series. To sign up click on the Sign Up button below.
Upcoming SPRING 2015 Workshops:
Online Library Research-
- In this workshop, a library science graduate student will instruct participants on how to successfully navigate Kent State University's main library website in order to find books and articles for their research topics. The workshop will explore the library catalog, KentLink and OhioLink, as well as online journals and databases.
- Two sessions will be offered:
- Tuesday, March 17th from 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM in 221B White Hall
- Wednesday, March 18th from 1:30 PM to 2:30 PM in 221B White Hall
Completed SPRING 2015 Workshops:
Skype in Education-
- Skype is an application that provides free voice and video communication. This workshop will focus on setting up a Skype account, learning how to use the free basic features in Skype, and discuss ways in which Skype can be incorporated into your classroom to engage students and their families.
- Two Sessions will be offered:
- Tuesday February 24th from 11 AM to 12 PM in 221 B White Hall
- Thursday February 26th from 1 PM to 2 PM in 221 B White Hall