Master of Digital Sciences Program Updates for Fall 2012Posted Apr. 11, 2012
Though the Fall 2012 Graduate Catalog will not go online until June 2012, this news item summarizes the Fall 2012 programmatic changes to the Master of Digital Sciences (MDS) degree program to give our students early notice of the changes to expect.
Fall 2012 changes to MDS program requirements:
(1) TECH 63411 Wireless and Telecommunication Systems Requirements Engineering will replace TECH 57010 Ethics, Technology, and the Environment as one of the choose-3-of-5 courses in the breadth requirement. Students with a background in networks, software engineering, or software integration may want to consider this course as an option.
(2) Students who do not want to choose the 6-credit Thesis option will need to take the new 3-credit DSCI 60910 Capstone in Digital Sciences course along with 3 credits of electives in DSCI or related programs. The new Capstone course provides an integrative experience, bringing together aspects of the student's required coursework in the major and concentration via a research paper, individual project, or practicum.
Fall 2012 changes to the MDS concentration in Digital Systems Telecommunication Networks:
(1) TECH 64312 Advanced Wireless Telecommunication System and Network Technologies replaces TECH 56311 Wireless Networks
(2) TECH 65330 Advanced Visual Basic Programming in Engineering Technology replaces TECH 56350 Networks and Telecommunications
(3) TECH 63020 Fiber Optic Systems replaces TECH 57200 Systems Engineering