Faculty Recruitment & Retention
To create a diverse community of faculty applicants dedicated to advancing the university’s vision, mission, and core values. Search committees and academic departments will be provided with resources to support their efforts to nurture and recruit highly qualified African American, Latino American and Native American (AALANA) faculty.
• Cultivate and sustain relationships with leading organizations and higher education institutions that graduate highly qualified AALANA faculty and women scholars.
• Develop a comprehensive Kent State University Faculty Recruitment and Retention outreach Plan.
• Assist in attracting highly qualified AALANA scholars to hold teaching positions at Kent State University to reflect the community we serve.
• Aid in the retention of AALANA faculty hired at Kent State University.
• Cultivate and sustain relationships with leading organizations and higher education institutions graduating highly qualified AALANA faculty and women scholars.
• Collaboratively work with faculty search committees to further endure diversity within our faculty candidate pools.
• Creation and maintenance of robust faculty pipeline databases to be utilized as a referral source in recommending AALANA candidates for diversifying faculty applicant pools.
• Serve as a resource to identify AALANA candidates for consideration for faculty openings across the various college campuses.