There are many things you can do in preparation for your Destination Kent State: Advising & Registration visit.
- Login and regularly check your FlashLine account (www.kent.edu). All admitted students receive information in their admission letter about their FlashLine portal account (includes email) which includes your login, Student ID, and password. Students will be required to complete some activities within the portal. Please be aware that email is the official form of communication at Kent State University and students should begin checking their accounts regularly.
- Complete the FAFSA- All students are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ as soon as possible to determine eligibility for federal and state aid including student and parent loans. Kent State's Title IV School Code is 003051.
- If you intend to live on-campus in a University Residence Hall complete the Online Housing Application - Complete the online housing application available on the Residence Services web site www.kent.edu/housing/index.cfm. You are required to pay a $25 non-refundable application fee and a $200 housing pre-payment in order to submit your housing application.
- Pay your Enrollment Fee - Reserve your spot in the freshman class by paying your $150 enrollment fee. Log into FlashLine at http://www.kent.edu to pay online or mail a check to the Admissions Office.
- Take your Placement Assessments Online - All students are required to take a math placement assessment online PRIOR to their DKS visit to assist advisors in placing you in the correct course. In addition to math, some students may also be required to take additional assessments. Log in to FlashLine at http://www.kent.edu and click on Placement Assessments to see which ones are required for you. Placement Assessments will begin on April 1st and should be completed at least 48 hours in advance of your Destination Kent State visit.