Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine (KSUCPM) has grown throughout the years to become one of the most highly-reputable, internationally respected medical institutions in the world. From the college’s cutting-edge and advanced technologies, to innovative laboratories and classrooms, KSUCPM offers students a superior, modern, educational environment.
The college was founded in 1916 as the Ohio College of Chiropody and later changed its name to the Ohio College of Podiatry in 1963 and then to the Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine in 1967. In 2012, the college merged with Kent State University to enhance and broaden the opportunities for students in research, sports medicine and dual degree offerings. Through the vision of the college’s founding members of 1916, the college today offers its students a teaching environment comprised of faculty and staff who are among the most distinguished, authored, and leading podiatrists and medical professionals in the country. Students who graduate from Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine find themselves at the forefront of the podiatry profession.
KSUCPM operates the Cleveland Foot and Ankle Clinic, which serves as the teaching clinic for our students. The Cleveland Foot and Ankle Clinic has three locations throughout the Northeast Ohio Region. Students are able to see a variety of cases while treating a diverse patient population. In addition to the Cleveland Foot and Ankle Clinic, KSUCPM students may have the opportunity to rotate through various Cleveland-area hospitals, including the Cleveland Clinic, University Hospitals, Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center, and MetroHealth.