- Values & Beliefs
- Senior Vice President for Finance and Administration
- Business Administrator Services Forum
- Responsibility Center Management
About Business and Finance:
- Business & Administration Services
- Compliance and Risk Management
- Facilities Planning and Operations
- Financial Reporting & Cash Management
- Internal Audit
- Public Safety
- University Budget and Financial Analysis
Profile Detail Page - Do Not Remove
Dennis Baden's employment with Kent State University began at the university Airport as a student employee in 1981. In 1985 he became a full-time employee as an Airport Operations Supervisor. While at the airport he partnered with other airport staff and the City of Stow to initiate the popular “Aviation Day with Flair… A Taste of Stow," and chaired the planning committee for 10 years.
In 1996 Baden was promoted to Planning Manager within Transportation Services. In that role he was responsible for submitting five successful grant requests from the FAA and the Clean Ohio Trail Fund, which provided the majority of funding to construct the Kent State/Portage Hike and Bike Trail segment that runs from the Child Development Center to Dix Stadium.
Baden was later promoted to Assistant General Manager of Transportation Services, which included management Campus Bus Service and the Airport.
When Kent State University moved its bus service operations to PARTA, Baden became the Senior Environmental Compliance Coordinator; in 2008 he was promoted to his current position as manager of Environmental Health and Safety.