Skip Navigation
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).

REU Application

Please complete the application below.

A US citizen refers to a person born in the United States, or naturalized, holding a US passport.  Permanent residency refers to a person's visa status: the person is allowed to reside indefinitely within the US despite not having citizenship. A person with such status is known as a permanent resident.  The National Science Foundation requires all students to be US citizens or permanent residents.

Please list all chemistry, physics, biology and math courses that you have taken (or are currently taking) along with the grades you have earned in these courses.

Please list any past or present science-related work experience (if applicable).

Ask two of your professors to write letters of recommendation for you.  These letters should be forwarded to the address below.  Please list the two professors who will be sending the recommendation letters (and their email addresses).

Prepare a half page statement describing why you are applying for this position and what you expect to gain from this summer research experience.

Native American    
Demographic information is completely voluntary and is solely used for reporting purposes.
(ex. Search Engine, Previous Participant, Facebook, etc.)


Please note that information provided in this application may be used to report statistics to the National Science Foundation or other reporting agencies in an aggregate report.  All information provided will remain confidential.

All letters of recommendation and transcripts should be submitted to
Erin Michael
Kent State University
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
PO Box 5190
Kent, OH 44242

Review of applications will begin March 1st and will continue until all positions are filled.
Checklist: 1.) Have you completed the application form?  2.) Have you arranged for the letters of recommendation?  3.) Have you arranged for the academic transcript?

Any questions?  Contact: Prof. Robert Twieg (330) 672-2791,; or Prof. Torsten Hegmann (330) 672-7770,