120 North Lincoln Street
Kent State University
PO Box 5190
Kent, OH 44242-0001
Senior Guest Program
The Senior Guest Program at Kent State University allows Ohio residents age 60 years and older to attend regular university on-campus classes on a tuition-free basis.
1. To qualify for the Senior Guest Program, the Senior Guest must be 60 years of age or older and have resided in the state of Ohio for at least one year.
2. Senior Guests are permitted to enroll in 1 to 2 classes per semester, on a space available basis. Senior Guests will be permitted to attend classes only after degree seeking students have registered and the instructor/department have given permission.
See the Schedule of Classes for a list of courses.
3. A Senior Guest must either satisfy prerequisite class requirements or we will request instructor/department permission.
4. The Office Continuing and Distance Education will make the request to the instructor for your admittance into a class.
5. Workshops are excluded.
6. College credit is not awarded.
7. Senior Guests are responsible for special course fees paid at registration, books, parking permits and your transportation.
Registration for the Kent Campus
120 North Lincoln Street
(Lincoln and Main) behind Papa John's Pizza
Thursday, May 14
Intersession classes begin May 18
Tuesday, June 2 & Wednesday June 3
Summer I & Summer II classes begin June 4and Summer III classes begin July 13
There is parking adjacent to the building on North Lincoln Street.
The registration period for the Senior Guest program is immediately prior to the start of each semester. You must bring proof of age with you to register.
The Office of Continuing and Distance Education will notify Senior Guests of their permission to attend the courses they have selected.
Late registrations will not be accepted.
For questions or more details, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Office of Continuing and Distance
330-672-2002 or 330-672-3100.
Senior Guest students are encouraged to do the assignments and to participate fully in class discussion and activities, but always at the discretion of the instructor. Taking exams is optional.
Kent State’s Advisory Web page at www.kent.edu/advisory. This page lists any closings across the university’s eight-campus system. A red bar will appear on the top of the www.kent.edu home page if there is a cancellation or closing. The information is also posted to the university’s Facebook page and Twitter.
Television and radio broadcasts. For a complete listing of all of the television and radio stations to which Kent Campus cancellation information is reported, please visit this guide.Below is additional information about the University and some of its many resources available to members of the community:
The library is open and free to Senior Guests. You will be able to obtain a Community User library card. If you are interested in information regarding the library, inquire at the Library Information Desk.
Senior Guests are responsible for purchasing their parking permits thru Parking Services Room 123 Schwartz Center, (330) 672-4432. You will be ticketed unless you purchase a permit from Parking Services.
Senior Guests may ride the Campus Bus free of charge on the campus. There is a nominal charge for use of the off-campus buses.