Student Work Etc.
Here’s what else they’ve been up to.
Electronic media production student Chris Heiman spent the Fall 2011 semester in Florence, and with some help from others in the CCI cohort, he created these "Flashes of Florence" to show a bit about student life in Italy. His videos are really fun and informative. Check them out:
- Flashes of Florence – Episode 1: Vicolo dei Cerchi. It’s all about the Palazzo dei Cerchi, Kent State’s home in Florence.
- Flashes of Florence – Episode 2: Apartments. It takes you to visit the (kind of messy!) apartments Kent State Florence students live in.
- Flashes of Florence – Episode 3: Nightlife takes you to a few places you can go when you need a break from studying.
- Flashes of Florence – Episode 4: Art, Architecture and History. See what makes Florence one of the most amazing cities on earth.
- Flashes of Florence – Episode 5: Learning to Cook, Italian style Delicious!
- Flashes of Florence – Episode 6: Traveling Europe. Hit the road with CCI Florence students. This video is filled with adventures around the continent and lots of advice on the best ways to visit your dream destinations.
Global Advertising and PR
In May 2012, 23 CCI students traveled to London to further their understanding of the fields of advertising and public relations by visiting top firms and meeting successful professionals, while at the same time, researching and presenting work of their own. They also found time to explore London. The best of their work and experiences are collected on KentInLondon.com.
In this photo, the students are on an outing to Oxford. Global Advertising and PR will head to London every other spring, so get your passport ready if you're interested.
This year (Spring 2014) International Storytelling students traveled to Estonia. The result is the extraordinary collection of multimedia stories found on http://kentinestonia.wordpress.com.
In this photo, students from KSU and Amity University pose in front of the Taj Mahal.
Past locations for International Storytelling include:
- Spring 2013: Brazil http://kentinbrazil.wordpress.com/
- Spring 2012: India DatelineDehli.org
- Spring 2011: Shanghai, China DatelineShanghai.com
Stay tuned for next year's location for International Storytelling!
Global Comparative Media
In May 2011, students in Global Comparative Media spent two weeks in Paris and Geneva visiting top media institutions and non-governmental organizations, ranging from France 24 TV to the World Health Organization. They documented their experiences on this site: http://et.kent.edu/gms/2011/
CCI FlorenceKSU broadcast journalism alumna Elizabeth D’Aurora (now a TV reporter at JET 24/FOX 66 in Erie, Pa.) made this video for the KSU Office of Global Education: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NX7q0CDths
Spring 2014 CCI students in the Florence Practicum in European Media created this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl9nOSvJ_FY#t=616
Four Fall 2011 CCI students in the Florence Practicum in European Media made this video: http://vimeo.com/32899891
Spring 2011 CCI students in the Florence Practicum in European Media made these video:Come Together http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjxxxN3wZN4
More than a Matter of Taste http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7ynLZL9plY
A Culture of Learning www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZSGBOFo2tc