Ohio Scholastic Media Association Scholarship – Fall 2014
Description: This scholarship is awarded to an incoming freshman who is involved in student media at an Ohio Scholastic Media Association (OSMA) member high school and has chosen a major in the College of Communication and Information at Kent State University.
The scholarship recipient will be announced at the OSMA Conference in April 2014.
Qualifications To Apply: Recipient must meet the following criteria to apply:
- Have applied and been admitted to Kent State University.
- Must attend Kent State University and pursue one of the majors in the College of Communication and Information.
- Must have served on the student media staff at an OSMA member high school during the 2013-2014 school year.
- Must have a minimum 3.25 high school GPA.
Scholarship Amount: $500 (one time award)
Application Deadline: March 14, 2014
How to Apply: Submit the following by the application deadline of March 14, 2014:
- A completed OSMA scholarship application
- A high school transcript
- A 300-word essay that describes what your high school media experience has taught you that you will apply to the study of a communication and information major and in your career.
- Up to five original work samples (which can come from high school student media or community media work) with a paragraph describing your role in the work and what it shows about your abilities.
- A letter of recommendation from your media adviser who can speak to your potential for success in a communication and information-related field.
How to Submit Application Materials:
Attn: Cathy Zingrone, Director of Recruitment and Curriculum Services
College of Communication and Information – 131 Moulton Hall
Kent State University
P.O. Box 5190
Kent, Ohio 44242-0001
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This information is available in PDF form for easy reference during the application process.