CCI Administrative Fellowship
The CCI Administrative Fellowship program is designed to introduce CCI faculty members to the activities and responsibilities of college office administration. Candidates should be full-time CCI faculty members who are interested in performing administrative duties either part-time or full-time in their future academic careers.
One Administrative Fellowship position is available each term: Fall, Spring and Summer. For a Fellowship in the Fall or Spring terms, the Administrative Fellow will receive a workload assignment equivalent to one 3-credit course. For a 12-week Summer Fellowship, the Administrative Fellow will receive a summer administrative stipend of $3,000. At the beginning of the term of appointment, the Administrative Fellow will meet with the Dean to develop a schedule of eight hours per week to be spent in the Fellowship activities. These activities may include:
- Attendance at college committee meetings such as meetings of the Directors, the College Curriculum Committee, the Graduate Coordinators Council, the Doctoral Studies Committee, the College Recruitment and Retention Committee, and, as appropriate, the College Advisory Committee.
- Shadowing CCI administrative staff members.
- Individual meetings with the Dean, Associate Dean or other staff members to discuss administrative policy and procedures.
- Accompanying CCI administrative staff members to meetings of university-level committees such as Faculty Senate, EPC, URCC, GSAAC, AAAC, etc.
- Assisting with administrative duties in the Dean’s Office as appropriate.
- Completion of a project in the administrative interest area of the Fellow.
To apply, submit a current C.V. and an essay of no more than one page that answers these questions:
- Why do you want to participate in this program?
- In which term do you want to participate? Have you discussed with your director how your school responsibilities will be distributed?
- How do you plan to apply the knowledge gained through this fellowship in your school or in the college after the fellowship is over?
Submit applications to Special Assistant to the Dean Olivia Edwards by the following deadlines:
January 15 for Summer Semester
May 1 for Fall Semester
September 15 for Spring Semester
Applications will be judged by the School Directors, with final approval by the Dean.