The Center for Adult and Veteran Services offers free tutoring by Kent State faculty members in the area of Math. The times may vary. Contact the office for details about the days and times. No appointment necessary. Walk-ins are welcome!
- Admissions and other processes and procedures.
- Concerns about adding college work to an already busy schedule.
- How to manage time most efficiently.
- Where to look for financial help.
- How to cope with guilt about time and money spent on education.
- Study skills and how to plan for number of courses to take per semester.
- Choice of courses.
- Test anxiety aids.
- Career guidance.
- Connecting career goals with declaration of major.
- How to connect with other adult students.
- Child care concerns and dual career complications.
- Lots of support and encouragement.
- Family Friendly Housing List
- Local Childcare Providers List
Academic advising for the Liberal Education Requirements and other general academic advising concerns for students in their first year at Kent State University.
Many adults are in a major life transition when they seek further education. Counseling can help you adapt to the change.
Policies & Procedures
Help with university procedures and with finding appropriate university resources.
Adult Student Orientation
A one-credit-hour orientation course that helps the adult student adjust to the academic environment and add the role of student to their other life roles and responsibilities. This course meets the requirement for University Orientation and is open to all adult students new to Kent, not just freshmen.
Advocacy for the adult student in other offices and on university committees that plan programs and activities that impact the students.
Referrals to any offices or services on campus that the student may need.