Skip Navigation
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).


Teacher Preparation Advising PDFDownload to print

Students who wish to teach in the public schools may be licensed in the state of Ohio by enrolling in certain programs in the College of the Arts and declaring a minor in education. Art education, dance education and music education are areas in which students may seek licensure to teach students ages three to 21.

Students must be accepted by the College of Education, Health and Human Services, and they must satisfy course requirements and meet professional standards established by the College of Education, Health and Human Services. Students must consult an education advisor in 306 White Hall to be accepted into the education minor. It is important that students accomplish this prior to the junior year. In order to enroll in upper-division professional education coursework, students seeking licensure must be admitted to the education minor in the College of Education, Health, and Human Services.