Physical Therapist Assistant Technology - A.A.S. Download to print
The Associate of Applied Science in Physical Therapist Assistant Technology program is offered at the Ashtabula and East Liverpool campuses. The degree program also offers an optional Athletic Trainers Transitions concentration, which is a transition program for post-baccalaureate students with athletic training certification. It is a 15-month blended-format program with online courses and two weekend lab classes each semester on the Ashtabula Campus.With the successful completion of the program, graduates are awarded the Associate of Applied Science in Physical Therapist Assistant Technology and are eligible to take the licensing examination given by the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy.
Physical therapist assistants held about 70,000 jobs in 2012. Physical Therapist Assistants work with physical therapists in a variety of settings. About 72 percent of jobs were in offices of other health practitioners and in hospitals. Others worked primarily in nursing care facilities, home healthcare services, and outpatient care centers.
Students interested in the program should meet with the campus program director. Applicants not admitted directly to the program may be admitted as pre-major students. Detailed information and requirements for admission may be obtained from the Ashtabula or East Liverpool campus program offices. Minimum admission cumulative GPA 2.7. Minimum C (2.0) grade for all program courses.
Minimum 66 credit hours. Minimum 2.000 cumulative GPA and in major.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program will be able to:
1. Provide services that include safe, appropriate and effective physical therapy interventions and data collection within the plan of care established by a physical therapist.
2. Provide services that include effective communication with others, teaching or instructing when appropriate.
3. Provide services that include documentation to meet the legal and ethical expectations of the profession and third party regulators.
4. Provide services that include ethical, efficient and cost-effective fiscal and human resource management.
5. Provide services that include consistent demonstration of the value-based behaviors of a PTA: Altruism, Caring and Compassion, Continuing Competence, Duty, Integrity, PT/PTA Collaboration, Responsibility and Social Responsibility.
Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education
See individual campuses.
- Admissions & Financial Aid
- Student Life
- News & Events