Computer Science - B.A. and B.S. Download to print
College of Arts and Sciences
The Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science has been designed for students who seek broad liberal education combined with a solid foundation in Computer Science.
Computers influence the daily lives of almost every individual and industry in today's civilization. There are actually more computing jobs than qualified people to fill them in the United States. Additionally, computing jobs are among the highest paid and have the highest job satisfaction.
General Admissions for Freshman Students: Students most likely to be admitted and succeed at the Kent Campus are those who have graduated with at least 16 units of the recommended college preparatory curriculum in high school, who have achieved a cumulative high school grade point average of 2.5 or higher (on a 4.0 scale), and whose composite ACT score is 21 or better (980 combined critical reading and math SAT score). For more information on admissions, visit the admissions website for new freshmen.
Minimum 121 total credit hours and 42 upper-division hours for graduation. Minimum 2.000 GPA overall and 2.000 GPA in major required for graduation.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program will be able to:
1. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of essential facts, concepts, principles, and theories relating to Computer Science.
2. Demonstrate the ability to apply computer science concepts to solve computer related problems.
3. Analysis of algorithms, computer science methods and techniques.
4. Analyze and plan the development of a typical professional computer science problem. Make succinct oral presentations and written expositions about technical problems and their solutions. Be able to work effectively as a member of a software development team.
Study Abroad/Away Opportunities
There are many Study Abroad/Away Opportunities, for more information contact the Office of Global Education.
Association of Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Admissions & Financial Aid
- Student Life
- News & Events