Monitor my progress towards graduation (KAPS and GPS)
- Students should consult the Program Requirements sheet and/or Roadmap for the relevant major (and minor, if any).
- Next, depending on your catalog year, either run a KAPS Report (catalog year prior to 2010) or a GPS report (catalog year 2010-forward) through Flashline.
- The Kent Academic Progress System (KAPS) and the new Graduation Planning System (GPS) can be used to generate a report showing progress in your current or planned degree program. Familiarize yourself with the degree audit system appropriate to your catalog year by consulting your Flashline account. This report does not eliminate the need for advising. Rather, the KAPS and GPS reports should serve to enhance advising and encourage student responsibility for their academic career decisions.
- Then take the following steps to assess your degree progress:
- Logging into Flashline and selecting the "Student Tools and Courses" tab
- Select "KAPS" under the Graduation Planning System (GPS) list. This will open the "Audit Request" screen.
- You may either run your current major (default) or select the second choice to run a selected program, if you are interested in a different major or minor.
- Click on "Submit a New Audit" and a new window will open with the KAPS report.
- Scroll down and select "Open all sections" to view all of the relevant details.
- For more help on KAPS, click here.
(B) Work with the GPS/Graduation Planning System by:
- Finding the roadmap for your program at www.kent.edu/gps
- Viewing the tutorials on GPS at http://www.kent.edu/gps/plan/students.cfm
- Logging into Flashline and selecting the "Student Tools and Courses" tab.
- Select "Degree Audit and Plan" under the Graduation Planning System (GPS) list. Your degree audit will appear.
- Click "Process new" to be sure all of your information is correct and up-to-date. See http://www.kent.edu/gps/plan/intro.cfm for information on how to read the audit.
- To create your Educational Plan, see the step by step directions here.
Students should use the degree audit system and consult with their advisor(s) to make sure they know when they are getting close to readiness for graduation. Please be advised that it is the student's responsibility to apply for graduation (through Flashline) and to be aware of University and College application deadlines posted online at-