Department of Physics News
Announcements for 2003Posted Dec. 31, 2003
- Physics Major Jeff Musa, recipient of a Lillian Kroenke Scholarship (September 2003).
- Physics faculty member John Barrick on being named "Best Professor" at KSU in the "Best of Kent" survey conducted by the Daily Kent Stater, and reported in the last issue of the DKS for AY 02/03.
- Physics faculty members John Barrick and Tom Emmons, who have taught the great majority of "Seven Ideas" sections in recent semesters, for their amazing feat of making physics more popular than both Human Sexuality and Wine Tasting. During the past Academic Year, Dave Allender, George Fai, Jon Secaur and John Watson have also taught "Seven Ideas".
- Undergraduates Steven Daigle, John Hilbert, Mica Lyczek-Way, Dan Metzendorf, Jeremy Nally, and David Watson, all recipients of various awards during Spring 2003 (see link for details and photos).
- Prof. Elizabeth Mann on being awarded tenure and promotion to Associate Professor, effective AY 03/04.