Department of Physics News
Announcements for 2001Posted Dec. 31, 2001
- Instructor Jon Secaur, finalist for an Outstanding Teaching Award in 2001.
- Prof. Satyen Kumar, recipient of a prize for Best Research Leading to Applications awarded by the Dept. of Science & Technology of the Government of South Korea.
- Emeritus Prof. Tony Silvidi, winner of two gold medals at the 2001 National Senior Olympics.
- Our PhD Alumnus Prof. Joe Whitehead, who has been honored with KSU's New Millennium Alumni Award.
- Prof. Peter Tandy on being a recipient of the 2001 Distinguished Scholar Award.
- Undergraduates Isaac Arthur and John Tulpan, winners of the 2001 Addison-Wesley Award.
- Undergraduates Jennifer Dawson and Laura Mihalacki, winners of the 2001 John Wiley Award.
Newsletter: It is intended to produce a new issue of the Physics Newsletter, to appear later this Academic Year. Please send any announcements or notables to Chris Kurtz. The last (and only) issue of the Newsletter appeared in 1999. It is available as a graphic file — page 1 and page 2.
Web Stone Age: Given that you have arrived at this page, perhaps you are interested in going all the way back to the "stone age of the web"...... if so, take a look at the early KSU physics website snapshots captured by the Internet Archive. Mercifully, the archive didn't get going early enough to capture the even more primitive stuff posted between 1994 and the end of 1996.