Professor Christen-Syed is very passionate about teaching and learning. Here is her philosophy of education:
- All students can be literate members of a diverse society with the ability to communicate effectively in everyday life.
- All students can develop the thinking, reading, composing, and speaking skills necessary to participate successfully in the public sphere as students, workers, citizens, and life-long learners.
- Participation in a learning community fosters social, civic, emotional, and intellectual growth.
- Diverse instructional materials, strategies, and environments enhance learning.
- Teachers are leaders and inventors; students are volunteers and workers.
- Teaching is an art, as well as a craft, and the teacher-student relationship is at its heart.
OFFICEDepartment of Pan-African Studies
314 Oscar Ritchie Hall
CONTACT INFOPhone: 330-672-0153
COURSES TEACHINGSpring 2015
- HONR 10297 - 015 Freshman Honors Colloquium Ii
- ENG 11011 - 020 College Writing I
- PAS 23001 - 009 Black Experience I
- PAS 26000 - 001 The Legacy Of Slavery
- ENG 11011 - 011 College Writing I
- PAS 23001 - 012 Black Experience I
- HONR 10197 - 021 Freshman Honors Colloquium I
- ENG 21011 - 062 College Writing Ii
- PAS 23001 - 003 Black Experience I
- PAS 37150 - 001 The Underground Railroad