Skip Navigation
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).


Do I have to live in Wright Hall?

Yes, without this component it would not be a living/learning community.  You are exempt from this requirement if you are an Honors student living in the Honors College.   

Can I live in the Honors College and still participate in the CASLC programming? 

YES, you can.

My friend is not a College of Arts & Sciences major.  Can she live in Wright Hall on my floor? 

NO, your floor is reserved for CAS students only.   

Do I pay extra to be in the CAS Learning Community? 

There is no additional charge for being a member. 

How do I get into CAS Learning Community? 

CASLC applications are considered on a first come, first served basis.  (See Admissions for eligibility criteria, including HS GPA requirements.)  In order to participate in the CAS Learning Community, you must first be admitted to Kent State University, declare interest in a major/program in the College of Arts & Sciences, and live in Wright Hall.  You must then fill out the CAS Learning Community application.  Once accepted, your space in CASLC is not secured until Residence Services has received your room deposit.   

What are the requirements of being a CAS Learning Community student? 

It is mandatory that CASLC students reside in Wright Hall, take a common core of classes, and attend activities and programs for your specific learning community. 

Do I have to live on campus to be in a learning community?  

Yes, you have to live in Wright Hall to participate in CASLC, with the exception of Honors students living in the Honors College.