24 credit hours
Introductory History (12)
A Minor in History requires 24 hours of course work, which includes the 12 hours of introductory history. All of these courses meet the University Diversity Requirement.
- HIST 11050 History of Civilization I
- HIST 11051 History of Civilization II
- HIST 12070 History of the United States: The Formative Period
- HIST 12071 History of the United States: The Modern Period
Upper Division (12)
The remaining 12 hours must be taken in upper-division courses, and must include:
- 3 hours of American History
- 3 hours of European history(including English and Russian)
- 3 hours of African, Asian, Latin America, ancient or medieval history
Minimum cumulative 2.00 GPA required. No coursework in your minor may be taken Pass/Fail.