- GIS | Health & Hazards Lab
- City and Community Studies Initiative
- Center for Ecology and Natural Resource Sustainability
- Computational Social Science Lab
Community Geography and Internships
Welcome to Community Geography at Kent State University! We’re working to connect our students to the city of Kent, Portage County, Northeast Ohio, and beyond.
Kent State’s Department of Geography students can offer businesses, government agencies, non-profits, and KSU faculty & staff a variety of geospatial skills. In return, these community groups can provide an opportunity to students to hone their skills, tackle real-life projects, and explore careers in geography.
Are you a student with skills to offer, looking for an internship, consulting job, or graduate research project?
- We are looking for students – undergraduate and graduate – with geospatial skills to pair with community organizations who need help with projects.
- Our community partners offer positions in a wide variety of fields, including education, policy, conservation, and health.
Are you a community group looking for a student who can apply their skills to help you with a real-life project?
- We are looking for a community groups –- including businesses, government agencies, non-profit organizations, and university faculty & staff – who need students with geographic skills.
- Our students have a broad variety of skill sets, including GIS, cartography and analysis.