- GIS | Health & Hazards Lab
- City and Community Studies Initiative
- Center for Ecology and Natural Resource Sustainability
- Computational Social Science Lab
For Community Groups
We are looking for a community groups –- including businesses, government agencies, non-profit organizations, and university faculty & staff – who need students with geographic skills.
We see our internships and projects as partnerships: both an opportunity for us to offer skills to the community, but also as a chance for our students to learn more about companies, organizations, and career opportunities available to geographers.
Our students have a broad variety of skill sets, including GIS, cartography and analysis of environmental and social data. More specifically, our students can help with tasks requiring:
- GIS digitizing
- GIS analysis
- Community surveys
- Community interviews
- Visualization of spatial data
- Communication (oral and written)
- Review of past projects
- Statistical data gathering & analysis
- Mobile apps for spatial data collection
If you have an internship opportunity or project, please email our Community Geographer Jennifer Mapes.