- Career & Major Selection
- Graduate School Prep
- Internship Prep
- Job & Internship Search
- Testing (ACT, CLEP)
Services for Students and Alumni:
Career Services Center261 Schwartz Center
Job Postings & Employers
KSU Student Employment
HoursMonday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Call for an Appointment
Drop-In Career CounselingMonday - Friday
11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. & 2 - 4 p.m.
Step 4: Prepare for Success
Once you have decided on a major and narrowed down your career interests, it is time to take action to reach your career goal.
Gain experiences that can build your skills and meet with a career expert to polish your resume, prepare answers to interview questions, and obtain tips for your job search!
Find Jobs: Experience Job & Internship Board
Gain Experience & Get Hired
Regardless of your career goals, the following steps will help you secure meaningful employment and future career satisfaction.
Finish the Career Readiness Checklist
- Review the Career Readiness Checklist to make sure you have gained the knowledge about yourself, careers, and the job search to be successful.
- Develop skills through hands-on work and internship experiences.
- Join student and professional organizations to build leadership, communication, and teamwork skills.
- Consider the benefits of experiential learning through community service, volunteering and studying abroad.
Prepare to Market Yourself and Undertake a Job Search
- Create, update, and polish your resume.
- Develop a list of professional references that can speak to your qualifications.
- Network to make your contacts count.
- Conduct informational interviews with individuals in your career field.
- Practice interviewing, online and in person, to build your interview confidence!
- Let a career counselor help you with job search strategies.
- Attend our annual Fall and Spring Job & Internship Fairs to meet with employers.
- If considering graduate school, research programs and admission requirements. Get to know your professors, participate in class, and maintain a strong G.P.A.