- About the College
- Faculty & Staff
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Program
- Academic Advising
- Admissions & Scholarships
- Director of Advancement
- Jobs, Co-ops & Internships
- News and Announcements
- CAEST Merchandise Store
- CAEST Student Reference Web Site
- 中文版-Chinese Version
B.S. Construction Management (Starting Fall 2013)
The Bachelor of Science degree in Construction Management is a management oriented technical curriculum built upon a balanced program of studies drawn from a variety of disciplines related to construction management. Included are a strong knowledge and understanding of construction safety, document reading, estimating, and scheduling.
The construction management concentration is a professional-service approach that applies effective management techniques to the planning design. The concentration includes construction of a project from inception to completion, including emphasis on construction materials and methods to enable graduates to estimate costs, schedule work, oversee construction work site activities and manage projects. The presence of major construction firms and large architect/engineering firms in the region provides ample internship opportunities. The migration to green technology emphasis and increasingly sophisticated construction projects require stronger project management emphasis, making this program viable well into the future.
The B.S. degree in Construction Management prepares students for professional careers in the management of construction projects.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of construction materials, methods and processes.
- Demonstrate competence in reading and understanding construction drawings and specifications.
- Control and manage the scope of work for a construction jobsite.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Quantity takeoffs and cost estimates.
- Understand the scheduling process and use computer software to create construction schedules.
- Uphold ethical and professional standards.
- Use critical thinking and problem solving skills to analyze and perform functions within construction projects.
- Have strong communication skills needed to operate effectively in a construction management environment.
- Have strong understanding of construction laws, codes and regulations.