Global Management Center
Dr. Michael Mayo, John F. Fiedler-Borgwarner Endowed Chair in Global Business Studies
Committed to increasing awareness of the global business environment, providing innovative learning experiences, and preparing students to compete in Global Business.
Michael Mayo is an Associate Professor of Marketing at Kent State University and has taught international marketing, marketing management, sales, international business and marketing ethics in the undergraduate, graduate and executive development programs.
The Goals of the Global Management Center are to:
- Engage with the world beyond our campuses.
- Increase awareness and understanding of the new challenges, opportunities, and concerns in global affairs.
- Provide innovative learning experiences for students.
- Prepare students to perform successfully in a globally competitive work environment.
- Provide a practical perspective to the integrated study of business, culture, and communication.
- Collaborate and coordinate with local, regional, and international partners in education and business to encourage multi-disciplinary scholarly research, teaching, and practice.
Since 2006, the Global Management Center has awarded a number of grants to faculty and doctoral students to support research initiatives in the areas of Outsourcing and Off-shoring, International Financial Reporting Standards, Global Brand Extension, and Retail Patterns in U.S.A. and China. Awards have also been used to strengthen teaching and research partnerships abroad.