Dr. Datta has over 55 publications in journals and conferences with more than 3 best papers in top international meetings.
For the past 3 years, Dr. Datta has been consistently placed among the top 50 researchers publishing in top Information Systems journals, internationally. His research looks at global technology and supply chain management in areas of user experience, design, security, and deployment.
Pratim Datta has over 7 patent applications in the areas of biometrics authentication, military solutions, electronic voting, and green recycling. He was recently on Fox8 news. Prior to joining academia, Dr. Datta held consulting and project management positions for 8 years in multinational companies including IBM Global Solutions and SAP Consulting. He has been a key speaker for the Project Management Institute (PMI) and at the Timken's Young Professional Roundtable. He has won multiple teaching and research awards including nomination for the University Teaching and Research Scholar Awards and honored as the Outstanding MBA Professor.
Please contact Dr. Datta for research, training, and consulting in the areas of information systems security, enterprise technology strategy, and global supply chain planning.
Scholarly, Creative & Professional Activities
- Datta, P., Roumani, Y. & Booth, D. (2013). Knowledge-Acquisitions and Post-Acquisition Innovation Performance: A Comparative Hazards Model, European Journal of Information Systems, Spring (Forthcoming).
- Nwankpa, J. & Datta, P. (2012) Perceived Audit Quality from ERP Implementations, Information Resources Management Journal, Vol. 25 (1), pp. 61-80.
- Datta, P. & Bhattachayya, K. (2012) The Economics of Innovation Returns from IT R&D Offshoring, Strategic Outsourcing: An International Journal, Vol. 8 (11)..
- Datta, P. (2012) An Applied Organizational Rewards Distribution System, Management Decision, Vol. 50 (3).
- Bhattacharyya, K. Datta,P., & Booth, D. (2011), To Do or Not to Do Business: A Robust Classification of Risks, Journal of Data Science.
- Datta, P. (2010), From Creation to Application: Knowledge Process Reengineering, Journal of Knowledge Process Management, Vol. 7(4). December.
- Burns, A., Acar, W. & Datta, P. (2011) Knowledge Transfers in Entrepreneurial Product Development, Journal of Knowledge Management, Vol. 12(4).
- Wang, Y. & Datta, P. (2011) The Mediating Role of Virtual Experience on Online Purchase Intentions. Information Resources Management Journal. 23(4), 57-74, October-December.
- Bhattacharyya, K, Datta, P. & Offodile, F. (2010) The Impact of Third-Party Indices on Global Operational Risks, Journal of Supply Chain Management, Vol. 46 (5).
- Chatterjee, S. & Datta, P. (2010) An Empirical Investigation of Intermediation in Online Markets, DATA BASE for Advances in Information Systems, Vol. 26 (3).
- Datta, P., Acar, W. (2010). Software and Human Agents in Knowledge Codification. Knowledge Management Research and Practice. Vol. 8, pp. 45-60.
- Datta, P. (2010) A Preliminary Study of Ecommerce Adoption in Developing Countries. Information Systems Journal, Vol. 20 (5). (Sole Authored)
- Datta, P., Okoli, C. & Mbarika, V. W. (2010) Extending the Social Identity of Information Systems: Telemedicine Transfer to Sub-Saharan Africa. Journal of Information Technology Research. Vol. 2(3), pp. 22-45.
- Datta, P. & Wang, Y. (2010) Investigating Technology Commitment in Instant Messaging Application Users. Journal of End User Computing. 22(4), 70-94, October-December.
- Datta, P., Wang, Y. A (2009). Technology Commitment Model of Post-Adoptive Behavior. Information Resources Management Journal. Vol. 22 (4), pp. 1-22.
- Datta, P. & Chatterjee, S. (2008). Towards a Framework of Intermediation in Electronic Markets. European Journal of Information Systems, 17(1-3), 12-28.
- Chatterjee, S., Datta, P. (2008). Examining Inefficiencies and Consumer Uncertainty in E-Commerce. Communications of the AIS, 22(29), 525-546.
- Datta, P. (2007). An Agent-Mediated Knowledge in Motion (KiM) Model. Journal of the Association of Information Systems, 8(5), 1-26. (Sole Authored)
- Harrison, M., Datta, P. (2007). An Empirical Assessment of User Perceptions of Feature versus Application Level Usage. Communications of the AIS, Vol. 20, 300-321.
- Datta, P., Mbarika, V. (2006). A Global Investigation of Granger Causality between Information Infrastructure Investment and Service-Sector Growth. The Information Society, 22(3), 17, pp. 17-32.
- Kifle, M., Mbarika, V., Datta, P. (2006). Interplay of cost and adoption of tele-medicine in Sub-Saharan Africa: The case of tele-cardiology in Ethiopia. Information Systems Frontiers, 8(3), 211-233.
- Meso, P., Datta, P., Mbarika, V. (2006). Moderating information and communication technologies' influences on socioeconomic development with good governance: A study of the developing countries. Journal of the American Society of Information Science and Technology, 57(2), 186-197.
- Kifle, M., Mbarika, V., Datta, P. (2006). Telemedicine in sub-Saharan Africa: The case of teleophthalmology and eye care in Ethiopia. Journal of the American Society of Information Science and Technology, 57(10), 1383-1393.
- Schneider, C., Datta, P. (2006). Adoption of WLAN in the Hotel Industry: A Theoretical Costs-Analytic Framework. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management, 13(2), 189-196.
- Mbarika, V., Okoli, C., Byrd, T., Datta, P. (2005). An Information Ecology for Sub-Saharan Africa. Journal of the Association of Information Systems, 6(5), 36.
- Pal, A., Mbarika, V., Payton, F., Datta, P. (2005). Telemedicine Diffusion in a Developing Country: The Case of India, Vol. 9 (1), pp. 59-66. IEEE Transactions of IT in Biomedicine, 9(1), 59-66.
- Pawlowski, S., Datta, P., Houston, A. (2005). The (Gradually) Changing Face of State IT Jobs. Communications of the ACM, 48(5), 97-91.
- Datta, P., Walsh, K., Terrell, D. (2002). Demographics on the Choice of Survey Modes: Demographic Distinctiveness between Web-based and Telephone-based Survey Respondents. Communications of the Association for Information Systems (CAIS), 9(22), 223-240.
- Biometrics and IS Security
- Technology Process Reengineering
- Global Supply Chains
- Technology Strategy and Consulting
OFFICEDepartment of Management and Information Systems
CONTACT INFOOops! There was a problem retrieving this person's contact information.
Please try again in a few minutes...