KSU T-Shirt Supremacy Business Competition
Have you always thought it would be easy to start a t-shirt company? Then, here is your opportunity to put your talents to the test. We are looking for entrepreneurial clients who not only have ideas for t-shirt designs, but who also have the skills to develop a sustainable business model. Think it is easy? Prove it by entering the Blackstone LaunchPad T-Shirt Competition.
The winner will have their t-shirt available for sale at the KSU bookstore for a limited run and bragging rights for the title of KSU T-Shirt Supremacy for 2014.
• Announcement: March 20, 2013
• Application Deadline (paper & tshirt submitted to BLP office): April 11th
• Public Voting: April 14 through April 18
• Winner Announced: April 21st
• T-Shirt Available in KSU Bookstore: June 1st
Prize: $250 gift card to KSU bookstore; winning t-shirt to be sold, for a limited run (48 shirts), at the KSU Bookstore starting June 1, 2014
How To Enter:
1. Must sign up with a profile at Blackstone LaunchPad (www.kent.edu/blackstonelaunchpad)
2. Write a 2-3 page paper on your product’s brand, the market you are targeting, what marketing methods you intend to employ to sell your product, what you would charge for your t-shirt and why your efforts will succeed. Upload the file to your LaunchPad account.
3. Enter 1 finished t-shirt with your product’s design*
All t-shirts will be returned to the applicants upon the conclusion of the contest.
All t-shirts will on publically displayed in the BLP offices from April 14 through April 18 with the opportunity for the public to vote on their favorite t-shirt. Entrants can drive members of the public to vote on their designs as part of their marketing strategy. Total public votes for each entry will be included in the overall judging of the applicants.
Each entry will be evaluated on:
1. T-Shirt Design—15%
2. Public Voting--25%
3. 2-3 Page Branding/Marketing Plan Paper—60%
General Conditions: By entering this contest, all entrants consent to the use of their product and/or design in any future publicity of the Blackstone LaunchPad program.