Kent State Presents Fifth Annual Piano Institute, July 18-28Posted Apr. 20, 2010
The Piano Division at Kent State University's Hugh A. Glauser School of Music presents the fifth annual Piano Institute at Kent State. Applications are currently being accepted for this highly intensive festival for talented piano students in grades 7-12. The Piano Institute offers a unique combination of lessons, master classes and performance opportunities. Students from all over the world will converge on the campus of Kent State for 11 days of inspiration, learning and application.
Activities for Piano Institute participants include:
• Performing in a final gala performance at Severance Hall’s Reinberger Chamber Hall
• Receiving four hours of one-on-one lessons with Kent State piano faculty
• Participating in master classes with esteemed guest artists
• Attending workshops on sight-reading, technique, practicing, and audition/competition preparation
• Participating in master classes with esteemed guest artists, including Joela Jones, principal keyboard of the Cleveland Orchestra, and Sean Schulze, chair of Piano Preparatory at Cleveland Institute of Music
In addition, participants will attend concerts of the Cleveland Orchestra at Blossom Music Center and Kent/Blossom Music, live on campus with peers from across the country, enjoy picnics and recreational activities, and have field trips to Porthouse Theatre and Blossom Music Center.
All classes, lessons and monitored practice sessions will take place in Kent State's Hugh A. Glauser School of Music. The school offers a wide variety of bachelor's and master's degree programs in performance, conducting, music education, composition, ethnomusicology, musicology and theory as well as three doctoral programs in music education, musicology-ethnomusicology and theory-composition.
The cost of the 11-day program is $1,285 and includes:
• Room and board
• All classes
• Four hours of private instruction
• Master class
• Transportation to field trips
• Recreational activities
• A concert CD
• A T-shirt
• A group photo
The application deadline has been extended to April 30. Scholarships are available.
For more information on the Piano Institute, visit www.kent.edu/pianoinstitute or contact Monica Brately at email@example.com or 330-672-3100.
# # #