Financial Aid: For Kent State University Students
Fashion Design and Merchandising Scholarships
Scholarships are awarded to Kent State students each fall and spring semester to waive the Program Fee.
To be eligible for a scholarship you must:
1. Meet the program eligibility requirements.
2. Have excellent academic standing.
3. Show strong financial need.
4. Submit a scholarship application by the appropriate deadline.
Fall 2014 & Spring 2015
Application Available: January 7th, 2014
Application Deadline: February 15th, 2014
Scholarship recipients announced: After February 20th, 2014
2015-16 FAFSA Required for Scholarship Application:
- Turn in ASAP after January 1, 2015
- Students MUST print out a copy of their FAFSA with EFC results and submit it with the scholarship application.
Financial Aid, Semester Program Checklist
Complete the 2015-16 FAFSA NOW at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Even if you only get Federal loans, they are a better deal than alternative loans
Review your options for funding your semester in The Big Apple
- Save as much money as you can from working. Set up a budget and stick to it.
- Search for Kent State scholarships.
- Register on several of the external search engine sites for national database searches.
- Check your parent/guardians place of employment for possible funding for your education.
- Federal Direct Loan, ParentPLUS Loan, or Alternative loan eligibility: Information about borrowing student loans or the Parent PLUS loan,to help pay for the program may be found on the Student Financial Aid website.
- Any other financial aid you have been awarded
Before arriving in New York City
- Plan on having two to three weeks of expenses with you, as it does take time for the Bursar’s Office to process a refund (if you are expecting one).
- If you have not already done so, set up ACH with the Bursar’s Office to expedite your refund. Go to FlashLine, Student Tools, Direct Deposit of Student Account Refunds and provide routing information.
- If you are in NYC in January 2015, mark your calendar to complete the 15-16 FAFSA.